ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Specific Recruit Update

reauxbeaux

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2007
I spent some time today with a coach that was at the Elite 11. As some of you know, Trent Dilfer's kids go to the school where I work, so some of our guys went up to Oregon with him.

For those of you not aware, the Elite 11 is a separate event from the Opening. Elite 11 has 18 QBs from all over the nation that work for 2 1/2 days. Then a bunch more guys show up for the Opening and form the 7 on 7 teams for another 3 1/2 days. Also interesting that out of a total of 166 players, Florida State and LSU tied with the most at 7. He told me that after the #1 ranking, #'s 2-11 mean nothing. The only thing that really counts is coming out #1 which Patterson did. He told me some interesting things about Feleipe Franks who he worked with quite a bit.

First of all, he said he is built like a good looking Cam Newton. 6'6-6'7, wide shoulders, narrow waist and jokingly told Franks he should just be a model and make the same money rather than get beat up playing football. Franks is a very simple guy from a small town and not very worldly. He also said that Franks is NOT 100% sold on LSU. It was an early offer and still his best, but he is concerned about how we develop QB's. Franks wants to be a drop back pro-style QB (I wished he'd have pointed out that LSU had exactly that with 3000+ yards with Mett). Anyway, I was a little surprised to hear that because I thought Franks was 100% in our camp.

2nd interesting piece of news is that there was a lot of talk about IMG discontinuing their football program. What they are doing is looked at as cheating by everyone (how does one team have 8 5******?)Time will tell, but this guy doesn't think they'll have a team in a couple of years. Take all of this for what it is worth, but this guy is very very tuned in to the Elite 11.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News