ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL The bottom line and LSU's options....

LSU Firny

2nd Team All-America
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2016
1. Last night was a very heroic effort by LSU. Although LSU does have elite talent on many levels, the bottom line is that with seven straight number one recruiting classes Alabama has probably at least 30 athletes that are more talented than anyone we have on our roster. They are well coached they are well conditioned and they are mentally tough. The deficiencies in recruiting that we have had on the offensive line at QB last night.
quarterback were magnified last night.

I don't care who the new head coach is, without addressing those concerns you're not going to challenge the gums without better interior play on offense. That's pretty obvious and whoever is coaching in 2017 is going to have to upgrade that.

2. I like Steve Ensminger, but he certainly not the answer long-term as the offense of coordinator. Last nights game plan was not creative and it certainly didn't take advantage of some of the things that are athletes can do. I was pretty disappointed in some of the playcalling, but the offense of line kept our quarterback on his ass all night
3. Coach O would be a terrific head coach. But he is going to have to hire a bona fide quarterback the roof. The head coach does not have to be the offense of guru. Look at Alabama now. Kiffin is clearly running that offense and has done a fantastic job. I like what it brings to the table in many ways. But he is going to have to bring in a bona fide offense of mind. Jimbo Fisher would not be a bad choice but I don't know if these are the answer either. There are no homeruns out there..

Reactions: southern comfort
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News