ADVERTISEMENT

The scoop on Marvin Wilson

AndrewLSU

1st Team All-America
Jun 21, 2001
Baton Rouge
Many are (rightfully) extremely curious at to this kid's recruitment, and where he'll end up. Here's what I know as fact, and where things stand as of today.

First, the kid is all LSU. And I mean ALL LSU. But (there's always a but, isn't there, and I don't mean like the kind at Penthouse, unfortunately). He has several handlers who have gotten extremely involved in his recruitment, the most noteworthy of whom is Willie Lyles. If you aren't familiar with who Willie Lyles is, google him, then take a long, hot bath to wash the dirt off.

Long story short, he's the guy who peddled Lache Seastrunk all over the country before selling him to Oregon. He also tried to get himself involved in PP7 during his recruitment,famously offering him (WITHOUT PP7s consent) to TAMU for something like $80k.

Yes, he's toned down his act considerably, but he's still a wolf in the hen house. He is the sole reason F$U is figuring so prominently in MW's recruitment. His camp will be seeking playing time assurances, among other things, at minimum. Keep in mind, this kid is a future top 3 pick, and everyone know it. His recruitment will get very involved, and very messy as we approach his signing day decision. The staff's hope is that MW's family wins out in the end, and if they do, Marvin is 100% a Tiger. But the are factors at play.

Kinda curious the highest rated DT to come out of Texas in the last 15 years has only attracted lukewarm attention by Charlie Strong, right? He wants no part of this mess as it stands, and is keeping things at arm's length. Hell, even Bama has stalled (mildly) a bit in their pursuit. All still desperately want him, but Mr. Lyles is the fly in the ointment, for now.

Long story short, MW is 100% LSU as long as O and Les are here, but it ain't necessarily his decision. Could change.

I'll share more when I have it.

Geaux Tigers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News