ADVERTISEMENT

SEC There is a lot to grateful for If you are a Tiger Fan

Chaseff

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Sep 26, 2007
Lafayette, Louisiana
Tonight is the National Championship Game and I know it is hard for Tigers fans to watch hoping for all of us to be on that stage one day. But we as Tiger fans need to count our blessings.

First of all, speaking for Tiger Fans, I am glad to hear that the Rivals Writer, Courtney from Texas A&M was found alive. Please keep her in your prayers. Last summer our Tiger baseball and softball teams played in the College World Series. The baseball team came oh so close to its 7th National Championship.A break here or there in one of the two games against Florida may have given us that. We were left with high hopes with the talented class coming in this year and comforted in the fact that Coach Manieri is still in charge. Beth Torina guided the Softball team to a 3rd straight WCWS appearance. What is amazing is that the Tigers have won two of the Super Regionals on the road. Gymnastics completed their second straight runner up finish. Coach DD Breaux is one of the all time greats and earned a well deserved induction into the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame.

Even though our Football Tigers ended up 9-4 with a disappointing loss to Notre Dame in the Citrus Bowl, there were some positives this year like the amazing come from behind win over Auburn, and the best SEC record since 2012 at 6-2. The team appeared to be imploding after the loss to Troy, but they righted the ship with 6 out of 7 wins down the stretch and even in defeat the Tigers gave a good account of themselves against Alabama. A couple of completions on long passes may have changed the outcome of the game and perhaps changed the opponents in the National Championship Game. The mess that happened with Matt Canada was a black eye for sure, but it didn't stop LSU from securing some excellent players in the Early Signing Period, namely Badore Travore (not sure how to spell his name) and Terrance Marshall to name a few. They have secured Dave Aranda for the next four years and picked up a huge committment in Kelvin Joseph and are poised to add 3 other excellent players to the team in the next month. Whether you like the Coach O hire or not, he is LSU's coach and with all the buyout money, there is no magic coach that is on the horizon. Let's give him and the Tigers our full support. Coach O brings some good qualities to the team and correctly addressed and dealt with problems on the line of scrimmage in this past signing class.

Men's and Women's Basketball give Tiger fans hope. We are still buzzing about that scintillating win over Texas A&M last Saturday. Coach Wade has the Tigers headed in the right direction and with the monster signing class coming in next year, it will really be a DEAF DOME again. Coach Nikki Fargas has the girls on a roll lately. They pulled of a huge upset at Missouri who was 15th ranked at the time. Mississippi State handled the Tigers yesterday, but I think we will see another NCAA appearance this year.

I know there has not been a National Championship since the 2016 Golf Team, but there is a lot to be happy about and I believe the future is bright in Baton Rouge. Have faith and Geaux Tigers!! Life is too short to be miserable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News