ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Tony Ball

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
in somewhat of a surprise ( a pleasant one ) Tony Ball is no longer the LSU coach.

IMO besides living up to his reputation as a non recruiter he did a poor job of preparing the WRs for SEC play .
Consider this ...how many WRs on the roster were really prepared to compete at the highest level ?
After Dural and Dupre ...none . This among a bevy of talented WRs available . Quinn made no progress. Johnson , the 5* recruit , was a non factor .

The early season drops may or may not been on Ball but when an entire unit underperformes fingers should be pointed at the unit's coach.

Getting open , getting off the line of scrimmage were poor among this group , things that are coached .
Again , it's on Ball.

WR coach is often a key recruiter . My UGA friends called me the day that he was hired to warn that he wouldn't recruit . I immediately posted the info.

You move forward and offer Curtis Johnson the ass. HC job plus lots of $$$. We have the best WR coach and recruiter in the country in our backyard . Hiring him would give LSU 3 former HCs on staff, O, BDP and Johnson .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.