ADVERTISEMENT

UF, OSU, and UCLA

HoustonTiger1

1st Team All-America
Sep 13, 2009
What do Florida, Ohio State, and UCLA have in common? Assistant coaches at each of these schools parted for the NFL immediately following NSD. Interestingly, none of the recruits who would have been coached by these assistants were told the coach was leaving until after NSD. Webb, RB, at OSU feels betrayed. CeCe Jefferson's (DE) dad has been refusing to sign his LOI to Florida. Roquan Smith, LB, has not yet signed his LOI to UCLA. Would you want your son to play for a school that was not up front with the situation? We talk a lot about character of recruits. What about the character of the various coaching staffs? If I were a recruit and I was not told I would be playing for a different coach, I would not play for that school because they withheld information to me that impacted my decision. This happened to me in HS. My RB coach was let go over the summer and no one said anything to me, the HC nor the departing coach, nor the new RB coach until time to report to FB practice in the fall. I chose to leave the team. What are your thoughts on such conduct and character?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News