ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Updates from Orgeron's Monday presser

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
-- Ed Orgeron said he was pleased with what he saw from Tyrion Davis-Price against Kentucky. Also mentioned the OL playing better in that game too.

-- Kayshon Boutte and Ali Gaye "not gonna be available for this week for sure," Ed Orgeron says.

-- Orgeron says the absence of Kayshon Boutte won't be about any one person filling that role, but everyone stepping up. Malik Nabers the first name he mentions. Adds Devonta Lee, Jontre Kirklin and Jaray Jenkins, as well. But everyone needs to step up.

-- Joe Evans and Major Burns both also unavailable this week, Ed Orgeron says. Glen Logan is expected back though.

-- "As far as I know," Eli Ricks will be available this week, Ed Orgeron says.

-- Orgeron talks about the focus this week being on #Florida and that, much like last year, there is an opportunity for a big morale boost if the Tigers can get right against the Gators.

-- Orgeron says he just talked to Myles Brennan in his office before this press conference. Doesn't sound like any new updates to his timeline. Hopeful for potentially an early November return, but that's uncertain.

-- "One thing that Dan (Mullen)'s done is he knows exactly where to go against defenses." — #LSU coach Ed Orgeron starting to talk about #Florida offensive coaching, QB Jones & Gators passing attack

-- "Our offensive line is probably the healthiest we've been, so that's good. And our running backs are healthy, so that's good." — #LSU coach Ed Orgeron

-- Orgeron praises Cam Wire's performance at the point of attack and not giving up sacks. Says LT is in a better position now with Wire and Anthony Bradford than at the beginning of the season.

-- "I think Maason's gonna be an All-American here. I think he's gonna be a potential first-round draft pick." #LSU coach Ed Orgeron praising Smith's big talent & potential, but also still working with the freshman on a lot on handling some schemes, matchups & combinations.

-- Kayshon Boutte confirmed out for the year

-- Orgeron says he doesn't know for sure when/whether Myles Brennan will be back this year, but that his gut tells him it won't be the open date in a couple weeks.

-- Orgeron asked whether he'll address his status with his players... "No, not at all. That's for me to handle. And nobody's told me about my job status. I haven't had any discussions about it. As far as I know I'm the coach of the LSU Tigers, and that's all that matters. The best thing for me to do is be very positive, understand the expectation of LSU. I will say this & I will say it again: No one has to tell me abt the LSU expectation. I know 'em. I was born w/ 'em. So I understand. I understand this is not the LSU standard of performance. I understand my job. I get it totally. I know exactly where I'm at. And I'm gonna go to work as hard as I can today and don't blink. I promise you I will not blink. For anyone."

Reactions: jandk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News