ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Way too long games

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
The NC game was a time marathon . While I understand a big time game lasting 4.5 hours due to the money made by the networks with such a big audience but there are many regular season contests with limited viewing that also last that long .

Suggestions on shortening the time are numerous . Would like to hear from posters their suggestions .
The 2 worst culprits are the instant replay and clock stoppage after every incomplete pass .

Solutions : We all like it when a bad call,is reversed ( esp. when LSU benefits) so IMO there's a place for instant replay . I'd like to see a time clock put on replay officials .say 2 minutes or less . You get it done in that time frame or the ruling on the field stands

Solution: giving a team trailing late in the an opportunity to come back is exciting . Incomplete passes help team coming back . I'd like to see the clock continue running after all,incompletions in the first 3 quarters only . These days with pass happy teams the clock stoppage after incompletions slows the game down .

I'm sure there are other practical suggestions that wouldn't change to enjoyment of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News