ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Weekend update

AndrewLSU

1st Team All-America
Jun 21, 2001
Baton Rouge
Marvin: start getting real excited, fellas. Real excited. ;)

Allen still hasn't agreed to cancel his Bama visit. But he is having an absolute blast. O has been nothing short of amazing with him. Aranda spent 2 hours with him this afternoon going over his LB history and how he will make him a star.

Staff feels Chaisson is leaning UT, but are working him hard on filling the Arden Key role. He's still listening.

Kary Vincent has been the best recruiting recruit since Russell Shepard. He's been working everyone hard core, especially the Texas kids this weekend. Keep in mind that Urban wanted this guy BADLY.

At this point, staff feels extremely confident on Phillips. If he hadn't already pledged to OU, he'd have committed today. He's a very principled kid, and is struggling with telling OU no. Stoops and his defensive staff have an in-home with him on Monday. If he decommits, it will be in that setting, face to face.

Staff doesn't know what to make of Willie Gay. He's saying all the right things, but this feels like a Leo Lewis situation (he committed the night before signing day, then signed with State without telling LSU). We will see.

I should have more tomorrow after I talk to my guy once everyone departs. Last thing I'll say is Coach O has been nothing short of sensational the last 2 days. He's in his element, this is what makes him such a great recruiter. He's going to make Alleva look like a genius in 2 weeks.

Geaux Tigers

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News