ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASEBALL What is Coach Jay Johnson doing differently now?

Once and Future King

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
I follow LSU baseball very closely and have my entire adult life. It's very rare that I miss a single game on the radio or TV, BUT I don't think I've ever listened to or watched an entire non-LSU baseball game even once in my life, so I would certainly not consider myself any sort of expert on baseball. This question is for those obviously more knowledgable than I.

What is coach Jay Johnson doing differently now than he was a month ago? Less than a month ago there was a good deal of discussion on this board about how CJJ should be on the hotseat, that he was a fraud, that he was over-rated and only won because he got lucky in the transfer portal, etc. It's been well established that any discussion of brutal schedules, bad luck, injuries, poor individual play and all those other things which can dramatically affect the outcome of a season are just excuses... if a team is losing it's 100% on the head coach. Always. As such, it stands to reason that if a team is winning it must be 100% on the head coach as well.

So what did CJJ change? Does anyone have any idea what he is doing differently now than he was a month ago? It must have been something pretty dramatic for there to be such a turnaround and, whatever it was, I completely missed it.

Reactions: GSLSU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News