ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL What is going on with Travonte Valentine?

mojo tiger

Hall Of Fame
Nov 6, 2001
What has this very talented defensive tackle in the doghouse? Is it his weight? Is it his work ethic? Is it both?

While it's true that Gilmore and true freshman Alexander are playing decent at that nose tackle position, this just seems tailor made for the big guy from Hialeah, FL. With huge games coming up against Bama, Florida, Ark-Kansas and Texas A&M I hope Travonte gets the message and does whatever he has to do to convince Pete Jenkins to let him in the game.

I know Pete, and respect him as much or more than any coach in all of football. He is an easy going and pleasant gentleman. But he is passionate about football, especially the defensive line. He has coached dozens of players who went on to successful NFL careers....the man is a great coach and motivator. Is it possible for Pete to get through to Travonte and for this huge young man to see what greatness is at hand for him?

This would be such a waste of God-given talent for him to sit on the bench and watch his teammates play their hearts out for their coaches, team and university. He has more talent then the players I mentioned above, but I'm starting to believe that he may not "have the chest" to play big-time football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News