ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL What's your biggest concern?

marlbud

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 21, 2001
Springfield
While I don't think we can really take anything away from the Spring Game I would still like to get some thoughts on everyone's biggest concern for the upcoming season. It's not worth discussing injuries because we just can't predict that scenario. I will have to say that even though I constantly complain about QB play (only half Harris' fault, if that much) it's not my biggest concern. Two months ago I would have said defense but for reason I cannot explain I feel we will be okay there, probably improved.

I readily admit I know nothing about our punter. What I do know is the years that we have been really successful we had a punter that could really boom it. It's a big deal when you can completely change the field position. Hopefully, if it turns out that we cannot tackle on kickoffs we have a kicker that can put it in the end zone 50% of the time. Did we have that leg last year and Miles' philosophy was to "pooch kick" anyway, I don't know that either. We should be okay on FG's.

After it is all said and done OL is my biggest concern. We have the pieces but will they gel. Is MT a left tackle? Has Boutte learned to move his feet? Will Miles practice the legs off of them in November? If these guys can come together as a unit we will win a lot of games, maybe even a trip to Atlanta.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News