ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Where we stand today, part 2

jandk

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
1. I would imagine I would have a few more supporters on my get rid of Cam train. Most overrated OC in CFB, I get Miles dumbs down the offense but it is Cam's job to develop the QB's, all of last year AJ never improved, all of this year Harris is the same. Been warning of this all year, beside UF, LSU hasn't beaten a good team, maybe MSU is decent but that's it. Knew we were in big trouble when we had issues passing against mighty EMU.
2. Defense- Before the year started, we all knew how thin this unit was, not sure why everyone is shocked late in the year this group is starting to get gassed. We just don't have the bodies. Combine this with the many 3 and outs on our offense it doesn't bode well.
3. LB's- just aren't good. We have what we have and in a normal year most of them would only see mop up duty
4. DE's- Undersized and not good, hate to say it but really we have guys that cannot set the edge, we are getting killed on the edge. Now Key has a bright future, and Neal gives 100 percent, but as of now they're both to light to play the outside. Not sure what's going on with Bower, Clark and Sionne, but rarely see them these days.
5. Back to offense, OL- getting killed because lets face it, teams know what is coming. And they make sloppy mistakes, something that has been a problem for a long time. Also when you become a power running team most of the time, its hard to make the jump to passing team. We had all year against cupcakes to work on passing game, to try to really start doing it against the likes of Bama and Arky well we see the results. We don't have true OT's at this point
Coaching- lots of talk here about firing Miles, we I don't want to go there because I'm sure LSU is not going in that direction at this point, but I have no issues with looking around. Miles is stubborn and we've gone through lots of assistant coaches to bail him out. At some point he has to take blame. I've seen many blame Chavis and Brick for lack of depth, but last I checked Miles was the HC
Recruiting- Many fear firing Miles we will lose recruits, well that is true, it will happen. But not at the number many think, and if you get a good hire, you probably keep most. But we cant keep a coach in fear of losing a class, I've changed my mind on this. We are looking at great classes in 17 and 18 also, so when is enough.
In 2014 we had a very special class, so far they have a music city bowl loss and looking down the barrel of a 2nd year collapse. Its not youth that is causing LSU problems, its piss poor coaching with no discipline. For the first time ever last night I did not stay for the final whistle. The drive when we were down 31-14 and we had what it seems like 5 straight penalties I had had enough.

Reactions: Firny and mansura
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News