ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL 2016 vs 2015

cottonport

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2003
the hype for 2016 is through the roof because of the number of returning starters including Brandon Harris .

Which squad is better ..2016 or 2015 ? Let's take a look and try to be unbiased .

Defense...
DL . All starters return and greater depth across the line . Advantage 2016
LB .. Losing Debo Jones and Louis makes the 2015 unit better
DB.. Mills was the only loss . No reason to believe that the 2016 group won't be improved

Special teams
Punter .. The senior Aussie' s performance wasn't up to expectations . Will his fellow countryman
be an improvement ? Even .
Punt return ...Tradavious White will be returning punts for the 3rd year in a row . Not sure how he can
be a whole lot better than the 2015 version . Even
Punt coverage ...was abysmal in 2015 ..anything would be an improvement . Advantage 2016
Kick off ...see punt coverage . Adv. 2016
Kick return ..Guice will be better than 2015 since this will be his 2nd year returning kicks
Kick coverage ...see punt coverage . Adv. 2016
Place kicker . With Dominge 's departure no one can be certain of how well his replacement will
perform . Adv. 2015
LS ..can little bro' do as well as big Bro' . Adv. 2015

Offense
WR . . 2016 wins out only if Dural returns from a bad injury and hasn't lost a step .
until we find out I'm going to call this one ..Even
RB . 2016 wins out because Guice will be better . Hard to envision Fournette being better
OL ...losing both tackles is never good . Having 3 starting OL return is always good . Even
TE ..2016 better because Moreau will be better for his 2nd year
QB..I saved the biggest for last . A note of caution was delivered by noted college football
Guru , Phil Steele , when asked about what he observed of Harris at the Manning
Passing academy . I'll paraphrase ...great powerful arm , struggled mightily with accuracy
while throwing against air . I'll give 2016 the edge because this will be his 2nd year

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News