ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING AL signees

Bill_D

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Houston, TX
I know AL has signed some players from LA that LSU would dearly loved to have had, but how many players that have become starters for AL have they recruited from LA in the last 6-7 years? My count is 4, an offensive tackle, a defensive back, a RB and a DE. This year's haul was a little better if you count Buggs and Moses, but they have not become starters yet, and who knows may or may not become starters. I would bet that they have hurt GA, FL, and some other places far worse.

I do think that LSU should check their emphasis on North LA and North TX more. LSU basically now recruits the "I-10 Pipeline" because of the accessibility to the players. To kids within 100 miles either side of I-10 from San Antonio to Jacksonville no kid is more than a day's ride from LSU. They come to the camps because LSU is well known. More come from the closer places. Fortunately the South east TX area including Greater Houston, south LA, New Orleans, the River Parishes, North FL, and down to Tampa have some really great potential recruits.

LSU cherry picks players from other places, but in the good ones from other places they get there seems to be a LA or LSU or LSU coach connection. For example in South FL now Raymond has some South FL HS connection.

North TX (Greater DFW Area) has been a hard nut for LSU to crack but there seems to be a HS now LSU has that helps. LSU used to have the Monroe area, but the passing of the West Monroe Coach has caused a hole there. LSU needs to repair the HS relationships there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News