ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Attention SDT and some others

purpandgoldhaze

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2002
LSU will probably never beat Alabama in Rivals's recruiting rankings.............NEVER as long as Saban is Alabama's coach. All is lost right? Time for all loyal LSU fans to commit sepico.
NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! Clemson has won 2 of the last 3 NCs. I'd bet good money right now over the past 7 cycles, according to Rivals, Alabama has out recruited Clemson and it hasn't been close. So how did Clemson bitch slap ALabama in the NC game? And it was a bitch slapping. Well for one ALabama didn't have an SEC crew ; I don't think even an SEC crew could have rescued Alabama though I'm certain the SEC refs would have given a Herculean effort.

Here's my take. Recruiting is a lot like trying to pick puppies from a litter who end up being champion hunting dogs or trying to identify colts, (for SDT's sake), who may be able to win the Derby. As an attest to the preceding it very seldom, work(s), or some may develop later; see Seabiscuit.

I think Rivals rankings are somewhat of an indicator but as proven by Clemson it's only one part of the equation. Imo the most important facet of recruiting is having a coach who is able to identify talent and project where a player will be in 2 or 3 years. According to a lot of " sources" O is supposed to be very strong at the preceding. How good LSU is going forward depends a lot on how good coach O is at identifying talent. Can O identify puppies who will be champion hunting dogs.
Bottom line LSU doesn't have to "out recruit" Alabama in order to beat them. The coaches have to be able to look at a player and project where that player will be in 2 or 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News