ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING BK’s view on recruiting….

Bill_D

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Houston, TX
After listening to BK describe what he liked about Josh Williams as RB I think I may have gotten a little insite into his thinking in recruiting. When he described his ability as a 3 down back. He can run the ball physically, be a receiver, and block for pass protection physically. He must do all 3 with equal skill and effort the and believe in what the objective for the program is…..to compete and win NC by playing at the top point of skill. He must also do the other things like compete academically, have good nutrition, do his physical workouts, and have a belief in the goals of the ptogram.

I think BK looks at a player for the abstract things such as belief in the goals as much as he does his physical tools at football. I am not sure previous LSU coaches did that. I believe if a RB was an exceptional runner and was classed as a 5* or high 4* type but had a distaste for blocking and didn’t put out 100% that was overlooked. i believe BK wants the player who fits in the program, does all of everything he is supposed to do at his best. I believe that’s what he wants and stars don’t matter as much as a good fit for the program. This is not to say he shouldn't recruit a 5* but he must be a fit and understand the goals of the program. If he doesn’t forget him.

Does anyone remember that the previous 4 Classes of recruits of Clemson’s first NC in this century averaged 13. They did have a top QB though. But those dudes were a fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News