ADVERTISEMENT

Coming to Baton Rouge for the UCLA game, advice please

Apr 15, 2024
Hey All!

First time staying in BR, first LSU home game. Would love any and all advice about where to stay, where to eat, what to do, etc.

Planning on flying into New Orleans on Thursday stay there a night (I've been a bunch of times) rent a car and spend Fri-Sunday in BR. Was planning on getting an airbnb, not sure what of town would be best. Ideally, close to either great food, bars or just near LSU if that makes more sense.

Would love to know good bars, restaurants, etc.

Was going to get tix from stubhub or the like but if there's a better method, I'm all ears.

Appreciate any and all thoughts. Thanks!

Hey All!

First time staying in BR, first LSU home game. Would love any and all advice about where to stay, where to eat, what to do, etc.

Planning on flying into New Orleans on Thursday stay there a night (I've been a bunch of times) rent a car and spend Fri-Sunday in BR. Was planning on getting an airbnb, not sure what of town would be best. Ideally, close to either great food, bars or just near LSU if that makes more sense.

Would love to know good bars, restaurants, etc.

Was going to get tix from stubhub or the like but if there's a better method, I'm all ears.

Appreciate any and all thoughts. Thanks!

Good evening @jurmanji2 you'll probably get a bunch of different recommendations from everyone that would respond, but being on the free forum, I don't think a lot of subscribers frequent the free board but my advice would be to stay as close as you can get where there's availability, I know that probably doesn't help you much but the traffic situation after games is a nightmare, so staying closer may help avoid some of that.

As far as food, my personal favorite spot is Parrains on Perkins. It's pretty packed on the weekends though, Mike Anderson's is a popular spot for LSU fans in the area.

What I can do for you is take your post to the premium forum for you, and then come back and post the replies so you can read what the said.

Reactions: jurmanji2
Good evening @jurmanji2 you'll probably get a bunch of different recommendations from everyone that would respond, but being on the free forum, I don't think a lot of subscribers frequent the free board but my advice would be to stay as close as you can get where there's availability, I know that probably doesn't help you much but the traffic situation after games is a nightmare, so staying closer may help avoid some of that.

As far as food, my personal favorite spot is Parrains on Perkins. It's pretty packed on the weekends though, Mike Anderson's is a popular spot for LSU fans in the area.

What I can do for you is take your post to the premium forum for you, and then come back and post the replies so you can read what the said.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the help!

Thank you so much! Really appreciate the help!

From member RabidDoctor - For the Air B/B - just make sure you are within 2 miles from campus. Plenty are close enough to walk (preferred) but you need to get them now - they won’t be available for very long.

Food - Jubans, Chimes, Louisiana lagniappe, Supper Club, Mansurs, Dragos etc

Bars - depends on your age and what you’re looking for. I don’t do bars very much any longer. Chimes, Hayride Scandal, Uncle Earls, Jubans bar at the restaurant. If you want to party with co-eds then Fred’s eat al.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT