ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Ethan Pocic's open letter to LSU family!

TDLSU

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
Hammond, Louisiana
What a great letter! Ethan Pocic writes of his appreciation, to LSU fandom. Worth reading from LSU official site.

Betcha he can put down a buncha crawfish!

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211390409

"Dear LSU,

On October 6, 2007, I was just a 12-year old watching No. 1 LSU play No. 9 Florida on TV. I can still remember how impressed I was by the competition and atmosphere of SEC football. As I watched the whole game with my eyes glued to the television, I knew that if I ever had the opportunity to play in the SEC I would take advantage of it. At the time, I had no idea that five years later LSU would become my new home.

When I first arrived at LSU as a 17-year old from Lemont, Illinois, I didn’t really know what to expect, and it was definitely a culture shock. LSU took me in with open arms and showed me the Southern way.

I learned to eat and love crawfish, say “y’all”, and throw beads at Mardi Gras parades. I am thankful to my teammates/friends, coaches, weight room staff, athletic trainers, academic support staff, and LSU’s great fan base for supporting me every step of the way. I wouldn’t have been able to graduate college and became the football player I am today without their support.

I can honestly say after living here through four football seasons that I am now part southerner and have loved every second of it. I will never forget what it felt like to play in front of 100,000+ fans in Death Valley on Saturday nights. As a kid, I never would have thought I would have the privilege to play for and graduate from LSU.

Coming here was the best decision I ever made and I am so thankful for being a Tiger for life.

Thank you LSU and Geaux Tigers!

Sincerely,

#77 Ethan Pocic
Class of 2016"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News