ADVERTISEMENT

Gatherings from practices

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
I've been gathering some intel from recent practices and thought I would share what I've heard with you guys.

O-Line

The unit is much healthier than it was for the last half of the season, most notably Saahdiq and Brumfield. Both are said to be moving much better and are expected to have strong showings against UCF.

There have been a lot of guys getting reps with the first team at multiple positions. Magee has worked at right tackle and left guard. Chasen Hines is still getting some 1st team reps at LG and Magee and Deculus have been working at right tackle. This is par for the course this season.

W-Receiver

Justin Jefferson had a strong group of practices recently and has cemented himself as the most consistent of the group.

Stephen Sullivan is said to have been the second best receiver in recent practices, with Terrace Marshall battling drops all week and Ja'Marr Chase flashing a lot of ability, but struggling with consistency.

D-Line

Tyler Shelvin
knows now is his time and he is flashing at practice. He is still struggling with his endurance a bit, especially when going up-tempo, but they believe he can be a difference maker against UCF.

Glen Logan continues to show signs of improvement and has been a strong contributor at practice over the past week.

Neil Farrell continues to improve and figures to play a fairly significant role in the bowl game. He has been fairly disruptive and showing a lot of quick twitch at the snap.

L-Backer

Patrick Queen and Micah Baskerville have been taking snaps next to Devin White in preparation of Jacob Phillips missing the first half due to his targeting penalty against A&M. Baskerville is said to be playing better as of late, while Queen continues to show flashes that he is ready to play a significant role.

C-Backs

Well, Derek Stingley is that guy. He has been forcing turnovers all week, coming down with three interceptions in the past couple of practices, while shadowing all the best receivers. He has seen significant reps, rarely coming off the field, and outside of biting on a double move from Dee Anderson, he has been "magnificent".

Terrance Alexander has been playing well in his new role as a 1st-teamer and the staff is confident he can hold up agains the fast-paced UCF offense.

Mannie Netherly continues to improve, but is still rather raw as a cornerback.

LSU feels they can win up-front against UCF. The offensive line seems to be a more cohesive bunch and much healthier after the break. LSU also believes it will be able to run the ball effectively and there are plans to take more shots downfield. It should be an interesting contest. I'm leaning LSU 30 and UCF 23 at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News