ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL How about a little perspective, eh?

rabiddoctor

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2006
Man, some of y'all need to step away from the damn ledge regarding our defenese and DT situation. Do y'all believe coaching in college is a big deal? I do. So let's look at what has changed from last year:

New DC - Blake Baker (one of the best in the biz)
New DT coach - Bo Davis (the one everyone wanted)
New DE coach - Kevin Peoples (one of the best im the biz)
New CB coach - Corey Raymond (one of the best ever CFB recruiters, everyone wanted him back)
New safety coach - Jake Olsen (again, one of the best in the biz)

Now let's look at our current DT situation:

Guillory
Lee
Shand
Breaux
Washington
Johnson
Paez
Hickey
Makene'ale
McKinley
Jackson

We are building our defense through the recruiting classes (see our #1/2 ranked class for 2025...2026 could be even better). We are not spending 7 figures on a 1 year rent-a-DT who has a better chance at wrecking our locker room and flaming out than actually producing. Everyone hated House and blamed our pathetic showing on defense last year on him. So again, if you believe in coaching, why are y'all acting like you're on your period? Our defensive coaching staff may be the best in the country. Our DT room is deeper than most of you even realized. We are also not going to go out and spend a bunch of money on a DT that doesn't improve upon what we have.

Our defense is a slight risk I will admit....slight IMO. But, if you take what our coaches have done in the past with equal or lesser talent, then I don't know how you can continue to act like a bunch of kids. Baker had a top 50 defense last year with freaking Missouri. I'm all in - LSU will have a top 50 defense this year. We make the playoffs. See y'all bastards in Vegas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News