ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING I challenge you to come up with a better analogy for today...

sterlingfoster

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Jun 16, 2004
It's like that first Christmas where 'You Know'....which means you pretty much know everything going in (kind of like our class 24 hours ago)...heck, you were even with your Mom when you picked out the new bike....

Your aunt called to make sure it was RBI Baseball you wanted for your Nintendo Entertainment System...so you didn't have it in hand but you were pretty sure you would be throwing some heat with Clemens in just a few hours (Fulton).

You also happened to see a go-kart box in the storage room under a blanket a couple of days ago. You knew it was there but didn't tell your folks you knew. Heck, you didn't even ask for it and while your bike was going to be great, this go-kart would rock the world.

Lo and behold, Christmas Day comes and there is your bike and the 8 other things you pointed out to Mom in whatever catalog you chose from (Man I miss the Sears Wishbook days). You knew they were coming but here they are, officially in front of you (LOIs) - no surprises but still they filled the needs of a young child with some being name brand stuff (like a pair of Girbauds over some traditional generic jeans). The only surprise was a few packs of 1987 Topps baseball cards (the old wood panel). Maybe this Canseco and McGwire guy would turn into something strong one day so I'll stick 'em in a plastic case (Cushenberry)

But where in the hell is that go-kart. Must be outside with a big bow on it. You run outside only to be greeted by your aunt who reliably came through with RBI baseball (Clemens about to blow up) but, son of a .......out of the corner of your eye, Tommy is blasting down the road in your new....no, his new go-kart. Apparently, your folks were just holding it for a while until it was time for it to go to its proper home even though it certainly belonged in your garage (Fowler).

Bottom line, it's Christmas Day so it's a great day. I've got plenty to be proud of but I'm a little let down as it didn't have the excitement of year's past and Tommy's go-kart crap really put a damper on what should have been a good day.

Lastly, I don't even want to mention the little prick up the road who got a signed Jordan jersey, an electric scooter, a new Easton bat, and a coke machine for his friggin room (you know who).

Merry Signing Day Everyone!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News