ADVERTISEMENT

I'm beginning to feel differently about the QB's

gerard07

1st Team All-America
Jan 4, 2003
Anthony Jennings is still standing tall after eighteen months of severe criticism says a lot for this young man's character. I saw improvement during the spring game, but he still needs to improve on screens, giving he receivers a chance on long balls, moving the sticks with his feet, too many throw away balls rather than keeping the play alive. Most of all, playing to win, rather than playing not to make a mistake.

Brandon Harris is a talent ready to bust out if given a real chance. He's the type of QB that needs plenty of game action to improve, and learn from his mistakes. He's a dynamic player with a cannon and wheels. Unfortunately he plays for LSU where every game is a must win just like Alabama, Florida, Georgia, and Auburn. When QB's sign with these type of programs you must produce, and you must win. There is very little room for failure because winning at these universities is all that matters. This is why I understand when three star, four star, and even five star QB's sign with Texas Tech, La Tech, Vandy, Baylor, etc. Of course these universities want to win, but the pressure is not there for their coaches like it is with Les Miles every year. QB's that play at Tulane, mid majors, South Fla. Central Florida, etc. are given time to improve. Hell, they throw the ball fifty times a game !!! You cannot help but improve your ability when you throw that much without worrying about being booed off the field, or pulled by the coach. This is why so many fans were upset last year because coach Miles stuck with Jennings hoping for improvement, and trying to win the game. Neither happened. There was no improvement, and LSU was embarrassed by Arkansas and Notre Dame. We lost anyway, but even worse B. Harris did not get much needed game action.

Anyway, It looks like a two QB system for this upcoming season. LSU is in great shape with talent everywhere on the field. Depth at every position, and another incredible freshman class of 2015, and off to a great start in 2016. I believe we are equal in talent with Alabama. We can't sign all of our high school players from Louisiana, but it hurts when we lose a player to Alabama. If Cam Rob. and L. Collins go anywhere else is not a big loss to LSU, but both players put Bama over the top. Without those two players Alabama is not the same club. We need to sign Devin White, and keep Saban from cherry picking our state.

I expect a very good season, and much better QB play. What do you think?

This post was edited on 4/19 10:53 AM by gerard07

This post was edited on 4/19 5:17 PM by gerard07

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News