ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Jimbo kicked it in Gear

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
I do think Jimbo was considering LsU after Miles was dismissed. Once he decided he was staying at Fla. St. he really kicked it in gear. The commitment the FS admin gave him and the raise seemed to motivate him and off he went. Their is no way of knowing if we would have made the LB haul that we made with Jimbo but it is safe to say we probably get Akers and Wilson. Akers is special. Very special. Wilson can be special but so can Shelvin and Alexander. Jimbo is an elite coach. Orgeron is trying to get to that class. Orgeron makes $3.5 mil while Jimbo wanted $7 mil. Time will tell if going with the less expensive unknown was a better move than the more expensive known. In the world that I come from I realize the risk you take by spending more for the known. Iam on board with Orgeron 100% but if I was making the decision I would have spent the $7 mil knowing what I was getting and realizing with that I know the extra money would be covered by the extra $$$ that goes along with winning.
PS: If not for the screwed up contract that Alleva stuck us with in Miles I believe LSU would have paid the $7. But the money owed Les was a rope around our neck. Alleva got screwed by a coach saying Arkansas was a threat. Grrrrrrr. As bad as the Iran deal.

Reactions: LSUTiger87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News