ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Linebackers wanted

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
while much focus has been on the QB recruiting and developement much can be said the same with the LB position at LSU. And realize QB you looking for one capable player to lead you. At LB you are playing anywhere from 2-5 in a game not counting special teams.

I watch a special on the upcoming NFL draft and they highlighted Riggie Ragland from Bama. He stands 6.15 inches tall and weighed in at 259 pounds and ran a 4.6 forty. They then focused on past LB's from Bama going into the NFL and future LB's coming out of Tuscolossa. In all the players listed I saw no hybrids they were all 240+ pounds with big wing spans that can fly. You couple that with 8 DL guys all being top 3 round draft choices and you have a brick wall.

I don't see this changing soon. For LSU to beat Bama we are going to need to do a little of what Clemson did and to do that we need a QB that is capable. And a capable OL. In the last 5 years we have simply not had a OL capable of handling the Bama DL.

Now back to the LB issue. Not sure why but our state just has not produced the quality at LB. besides Minter and to somewhat Kwon you need to go back to a Bradie James and Trev Faulk. That's a long time. Hopefully we can come up with either bigger and better LB's are a hybrid fpdefensive scheme that can play championship defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News