ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL LSU Defense vs Bama Defense

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
One big difference. LSU has had 3 coordinators the last three years. Under Chavis a little smaller LB lineup built on speed. Chavis had his own terminology. Then Steele comes in with another total different terminology and a blend of Chavis and his own schemes and packages. Now we bring in the 3rd DC in Aranda with not only Another Terminology to learn but by far the biggest philosophy change of all the coordinators we have seen of the three.

Now Bama. They over the years have also had coordinator changes as this past year. Going from Kirby Smart to Pruitt coming over from Georgia. HOWEVER ONE HUGE DIFFERENCE. Bama will not change terminology and will absolutely have no scheme difference. It is Nick Saban's defense.

We have seen this thought the years with other programs. Spurrier it's his offense. Jumbo it's his offense. Malzhan it's his offense. At LSU Coach Miles hires an OC and a DC and they run their schemes and uses their terminology. I think this is huge. And a huge disadvantage. I do not recall this being discussed. I see Les as a CEO type coach. Obviously Iam sure it can work and it has worked for other coaches. Just not what I would like personally.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News