ADVERTISEMENT

Shelton Sampson Jr. Signs NIL Merchandising Partnership with Elete Sports

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Shelton Sampson Jr., one of the nation’s top high school football players, has agreed to a name, image, likeness (NIL) partnership with Elete Sports to release a branded clothing line now available for sale. (@sampson_shelton Tweet about Elete Sports partnership)

In a deal brokered by MatchPoint Connection, Sampson and Elete Sports have teamed up to launch the “Why Not? SS6” line of apparel for sale at eletesports.com/ss6. SS6 stands for Shelton Sampson, and the number 6 represents his current football jersey number.

Brian Oliver, CEO of MatchPoint said, “We couldn’t be more excited to work with Shelton and assist him with maximizing his NIL this last year in high school. At MatchPoint, three of our executives were former Catholic High athletes (2 football, 1 basketball) who went on to play in college. We are thrilled to leverage our expertise to guide a new era of high school student-athletes onward to the next level in their careers."

A native of Baton Rouge, Sampson recently made a verbal commitment to a university, and when asked why he chose that team he responded, “Why not?”

“I’ve been thinking about how I could make SS6 a reality for a while. To see it all come together the same day I made one of the biggest decisions of my life was crazy,” Sampson said.

Sampson looks forward to future NIL opportunities to partner with brands and community service organizations.

Sampson is rated as a five-star prospect and one of the top-ranked wide receivers in the nation as he enters his senior season at Catholic High School in Baton Rouge.

Elete Sports is an e-commerce business that partners with athletes to promote and develop personalized brand merchandise to monetize through NIL.

MatchPoint Connection is the leader in the NIL industry, providing a two-way marketplace for businesses and talented entertainers and athletes to connect for endorsement deals.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News