ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING The 2023 tight end situation

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
If you didn't see my post earlier, LSU offered a new 2023 tight end Tuesday.

Brian Kelly, Mike Denbrock & Co. extended an offer to longtime Cincinnati tight end commitment Jackson McGohan, who actually committed to the Bearcats while Denbrock was still on the staff. With Luke Fickell leaving Cincinnati for Wisconsin, there's an opportunity potentially to reunite Denbrock with the tight end who committed to him.

I'm told that McGohan and his family are big Cincinnati fans as well as his girlfriend's family so take that for what it is. Not sure how important it may or may not be to him. But he does have a great relationship with Denbrock.

"It’s an incredible feeling and I am just very blessed to even be in this position," the three-star tight end told me right after his offer. "Coach Denbrock and I have a great relationship and we have maintained that. I committed while he was still at Cincy so another door is opening between the two of us that I could do the same thing!"

I'm also still monitoring Vanderbilt commitment Ka'Morreun Pimpton, who's senior season just ended this past weekend with a playoff loss. There's mutual interest between Pimpton and LSU but an official visit has not been set just yet because the tight end isn't sure yet if he's signing in December or February. The hope would be to get Pimpton to sign in December and take his OV the weekend before the ESP.

At this point I think it would be a matter of which tight end wants him and who's willing to commitment first.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News