ADVERTISEMENT

The Sullivan factor.....

Bill_D

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Houston, TX
I have been reflecting lately about some videos I saw in I think 2017 and 2018. We used to get a lot of videos of practices in the spring and fall of each season. There were a quite a few shots showing jerry Sullivan teaching the WRs moves to get separation. It seemed like he did a lot of that and players commented on it.

These were the years when Jetts, (2017, 2018), Chase (2018) Marshal (2018) were learning to get separation. I watched him make Chase run the same pattern 3 times in a row until he got the technique he was teaching. I remember this because I don’t remember ever seeing anything quite like it. I sometimes think that this had a lot do with their success in 2019.

Sullivan was recognized in NFL circles as one of the best on teaching WR technique. O ask Pete once if Aranda could could bring some coaches to Seattle to visit. Pete told him, yes, if he would bring Sullivan along to spend sometime with his WR coach.

I’m sure the coaches teach a lot of stuff like that but I can’t help thinking it wouldn’t hurt to have Sullivan as an analyst to look at film and help correct the WR technique. I guess the dude must be 80. Might not want to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News