ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Unrealistic Results Expected

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
I see the same trend getting ready to happen on this board that happens here often and with some fans. It's Unrealistic expectations that will lead to the future meltdown in the months to come.

When Miles took over LSU we had the best brand and talent in the conference. That lasted a few years and we managed to win another NC. Then for whatever reason the program started a slow slow decline in the talent level. It took years and a slow erosion of the 85 man roster to decline to a 2nd tier talent level giving the reins to Bama. Then we roll a few more years with Bama widening the gap yearly until we got to 2016. As we sit today LSU can not match Bama at the areas below.
1. QB
2. DL
3. LB
4. OL
5. Special Teams
6. Offensive Scheme

Now you unrealistic fans. Bama is going to out recruit the new LSU staff this coming signing class as expected anytime a new staff takes over. So NO No No gain in Roster Talent will happen this coming year in actuality the gap gets wider. That's the cold hard facts!!! Now next signing class we will have a much better idea with that class and the level of quality as compared to Bama and hopefully the gap BEGINS TO CLOSE. By the time those players get ready and can contribute we are two years out to three years out. Unfortunately that is how far Bama is out ahead of us in talent on the 85 man roster.

Iam not going to set my self up for disappointment and I ask each of you to drink the Realistic Kool Aid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News