ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Updates from LSU camp

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Full disclosure - I was unable to attend practice today. My household has been hit with a stomach bug the last 24-48 hours. I’m feeling much better than I did overnight.

Couple of updates from Brian Kelly presser though…

- Garrett Nussmeier has a Grade 1 sprained ankle. Kelly called it minor and expects Nuss back in the rotation soon, maybe even tomorrow or Saturday.
- Jayden Daniel took majority of the first team reps today with Nussmeier out but Kelly mentioned that if Nuss was able then he would have gotten first team reps too
- Could QB1 battle be between Daniels and Nuss? I think that’s a high probability because of their ability to extend plays with their legs.
- Sevyn Banks is finally cleared for 7on7 work, Kelly said.
- Kelly feels better about the revamped secondary after this first week of practices. Saying, some of the concerns have been “alleviated by the production and the play” they’ve seen in camp.
- Freshman TE Mason Taylor has surprised Kelly early in camp. I must admit, he’s much bigger than I initially thought he would be as a youngster coming in.
- Kelly mentioned Desmond Little as a solid quality backup at Jack LB behind BJ Ojulari
- LSU has not picked a kicker yet. Battle is still ongoing, per Kelly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News