ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL CBK on RB Caden Durham

richyb

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Mar 19, 2003
Baton Rouge
True Freshman quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Got hurt vs South Alabama after scoring 2nd TD ; big 325lb Miles Frazier falls on the back of his leg .....he limps off field to the sideline ; didn't look good and was hoping not a significant Foot injury. Surprisingly ....he came back in the game ; after a few runs ; re-aggrevated it..... That was it for the game.

After the BYE Week.....was pleased to see him playing vs Ole Miss ; but you could clearly see he was not close to 100% . But Durham's toughness gutted it out!!

So despite rushing for 101 yards 3 TDs on 21 carries vs Arkansas ; CBK said he was ""ONLY 80% """ healthy...WOW!! IMPRESSIVE!! And still ran that 22 yard TD too!!!

Heard he had a couple dislocated toes?? Props to this Tough Dude!!

quote:

"I'm really impressed with a freshman running back that is not playing at 100 percent, but in there playing with grit and toughness," Kelly said.

"Just the kind of resolve that he has... a lot of guys would not be in the game. He's playing at about 80-85 percent. He has great vision and toughness and keeps his legs moving."

"Injuries are hard to deal with at any position. But when you are a running back, and you have an injury, and you're still fighting through it. I think it says a lot about the young man. I'm really proud of him."

Reactions: ekatf4 and carnifex
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.