ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Knee injuries - Little Wonder................

NolaTiger

Hall Of Fame
Nov 7, 2006
I was looking at a pic of an LSU player all stretched out going up for a pass with his knees totally exposed and I guess it is that way throughout CFB. I was still SMH while clicking over to The Den and clicking onto a thread about Linebackers which included discussion
about a number of players out because of knee injuries.

We all know knees aren't made for playing football so to speak, but no protection at all!!! Back in the day we had pockets inside of our pants and knee pads, sort of like a minature pillow that fit inside of them. You would stuff them into the pants anytime you were putting on a clean pair.

Undoubtedly, there are several ways a knee can be injured and those pads wouldn't provide much protection against some of them. And yet knee injuries were much rarer then. In all my 11 years of playing I never had a Knee injury, or recall any teammates having one of any consequence.though we did have a couple of linemen who wore braces because of prior knee injuries. I have no idea if those pads would have prevented many of the present injuries, but sure couldn't hurt anything. Just hate to see those fully exposed knee caps sticking out there like that.

I think if you want to make a zillion bucks in a hurry, invent a knee brace that prevents most kinds of knee injuries.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News