ADVERTISEMENT

Notes from LSU's official visitors (June 23)

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
LSU wrapped up its official visits and it appears they made some headway with the guys on campus.

Wesley Steiner, his uncle and mother left yesterday evening and they enjoyed the visit. The LSU staff was blown away by Steiner's performance, hence the push while he was on campus. LSU seems to have left a good impression, but not enough for me to say he is likely to end up a Tiger. I do think they are firmly in the mix as he approaches a decision.

Georgia edge defender Phillip Webb made his return trip to LSU and things appear to have gone pretty well. LSU's confidence level increased greatly, with many in the office believing they are in the lead position, but I am reluctant to jump on board that train. I still feel like there is a lot of work to do, with Webb appearing to be in no rush to end his recruitment.

He plans on waiting until after the dead period next month before taking a couple more visits, with Auburn, Clemson and Alabama still firmly in the mix and potential candidates for a Webb visit. I do think LSU made up a lot of ground on the competition, but I do not see him jumping in this class as things stand right now.

Jacobian Guillory is indeed waiting until January 4 to make his decision at the All-American Game, which will keep everywhere on the edge of their seats for the next six months. Coming into the weekend I saw it as a 50/50 battle with Alabama, but I think LSU sits in a little better position following his official visit.

Guillory and his family were all smiles during the trip and the comfort level he has with the staff, most notably Ed Orgeron and Dennis Johnson, may pay dividends. As it stands now, with the new information that is available, Guillory would be in my next LSU class projections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News