ADVERTISEMENT

LSU back in the top 25

LSU moves back into AP poll at No. 18 after dismantling Ole Miss in Tiger Stadium yesterday. Tigers are off this week then face No. 6 Alabama for top place in SEC West.

1-Georgia
2-Ohio State
3-Tennessee
4-Michigan
5-Clemson
6-Alabama
7-TCU
8-Oregon
9-Okla State
10 (tie) USC
10 (tie) Wake Forest
12-UCLA
13-Penn State
14-Utah
15-Ole Miss
16-Syracuse
17-Illinois
18-LSU
19-Kentucky
20-Cincinnati
21-UNC
22-Kansas State
23-Tulane
24-NC State
25-South Carolina
Reactions: berkrads007

RECRUITING Ehret 2024 OT Khayree Lee Jr. describes moment Brian Kelly, LSU offered him

I have put in an early FutureCast in for LSU to land Lee. This was a major offer for him and an emotional, big-deal to him. Great kid!

LSU FOOTBALL BK’s P.R.OC.E.S.S.

I honestly think BK and staff are settling in, especially with pregame prep but more importantly halftime adjustments.
I have been extremely impressed since the FSU game. Have there been things I’ve not liked, yes, but overall and with the now 6-2 record I am pleasantly surprised.
Oh and his professionalism and humor during press conferences has been REFRESHING!!!

Overall grade: Solid B with a lot of upside
Remember we only had 39 scholarship 10 months ago in a bowl game.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change or reverse this opinion at any time, especially after any lose framed fault of coaching. 😀😀😀😀

LIVE GAME THREAD LSU vs. Ole Miss live updates

Game gets underway from Tiger Stadium at 2:30 on CBS.

Here's a good read from Ron to check out prior to the kick.

Twice-beaten LSU and No. 7 unbeaten Ole Miss clash in Tiger Stadium today at 2:30 with the league’s West Division lead at stake.
Reactions: yunglou1

3 & 3 against Ole Miss

3 POSITIVES

-- What a helluva turnaround over the last few weeks from Jayden Daniels and the LSU offense. Brian Kelly was asked what flipped for the team, especially the last two weeks? After a long pause, he said he didn't think the team was as far off against Tennessee as the score indicated. He took credit to coaching poorly that day but also talked about going for all those 4th downs to win the game. As the leader of the offense, Daniels just looks more comfortable. He looks like he's making reads, trusting his WRs and scrambling at the right moments. The sky is the limit for LSU's offense with Daniels plays like he has the last 2 weeks.

-- Hello, Joe Foucha. That one-handed interception in the end zone was the key turnaround in the game, in my opinion. Ole Miss never got close again after that. Even Kelly said it, "The interception was probably the biggest play because they were threatening to score in that situation. ... That was the first time we got any extension in the game from from them."

-- A star in the making ... Harold Perkins Jr. What an impact he has on the defense. It looks completely different when he's on the field flying around and in the backfield putting pressure on Dart. He needs to be on the field as much as humanly possible because he's that elite, that special. Let's enjoy watching him the next few years because that young man has first-round pick written all over him and likely done in three years.

3 NEGATIVES

-- This is a reoccurring theme all season, but special teams still has issues. Hell, they got flagged before any time came off the clock at the start of the game. Not sure what the problem is or how to fix it but the lack of discipline on special teams is concerning.

-- The slow starts. Obviously I won't knit-pick too much because LSU got the dub last week and this week and they've fought and comeback all season, but the Tigers cannot get down against Alabama in two weeks like they did against Tennessee. I genuinely think they have a shot against Bama. Other than Bryce Young being the QB, Bama isn't the dominant team we've seen over the years. Are they better than most? Yes. But not unbeatable especially with the defense and IN Tiger Stadium. But LSU has to start fast and limit the flags and special teams issues.

-- Lastly, the officiating today was awful.

Brian Kelly postgame press conference + VIDEO

- “Well, exciting day in Tiger Stadium. Our guys saw this as an opportunity.” — Brian Kelly

- “Our best players played their best, and we needed that.” Great defensive second half.

- Says Jayden Daniels was “excellent” again, back-to-back weeks as the catalyst for the offense.

- “We got stronger. We exerted our will against our opponent, which is part of what we’re building here.”

- Kelly says the team will look forward to entering a much-needed break with the positive momentum. Mentions they’ll hit the road recruiting during the bye week.

- Kelly asked whether a win like today helps validate his decision to take the LSU job. “No,” he laughs. “I think that’s probably the furthest thing from my mind. I’m so excited for our players.”

- Kelly on Joe Foucha's interception: "The momentum really shifted there. The interception was probably the biggest play because they were threatening to score in that position. That was a huge play."

- Kelly on Harold Perkins... "He was good. He was active. ... He's an exceptional player." Mentions that the freshman LB impacts the defense.

- Kelly on hugging Jayden Daniels at the end of the game? "This was a big game in a lot of ways. ... He's in a very good place to run this offense now. He's a ready to do really good things for us."

- Kelly asked what flipped for LSU in the last few weeks. After a long pause ... "We weren't as far away in that Tennessee game as the score indicated. ... I coached poorly that day. When we looked at it internally, we weren't that far off."

Login to view embedded media
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT