ADVERTISEMENT

Weaux! Things feel different

JD lead the team in rushing. Early this season that was a problem (atleast for me). He still runs but JD's running is more of a weapon now and not the identity of the offense. Its harder to defend because he's is trusting his arm more and getting our wideouts involved. There's less footage of wide-open receivers not getting the ball. Teams can't cover our dogs and still load the box to keep JD contained. It opens up so many other facets of our game. Passing, Running, Blocking, Defense stays off the field. Pick your poison. Admittedly, I wasn't holding out hope that JD would turn the corner and correct his early season tendencies, but I have a little crow on the grill this morning and I'm prepared to eat it. If this continues....Weaux!!!

Something I just noticed I haven’t seen mentioned..

We didn’t let ole miss get back into the game like we did Florida. We were up 21 on both teams late into the second half. Vs Florida we found a way to let them get back within one score. Last week we completely shut the door and scored to go up by a 4th touchdown.
I don’t know if it’s luck or learned but we definitely did something different vs ole miss. Attitude, game plan, or whatever.

LSU FOOTBALL Brian Kelly press conference notes

-- Happy 61st birthday to Coach Kelly for starters

-- This week: practice Wednesday, Thursday weights and then recovery on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

-- Brian Polian will head out to recruit Wednesday and the remainder of the staff will be at high school games on Thursday and Friday. The focus will be on 2023 commits and top 2024 targets.

-- Brian Kelly on facing Alabama QB Bryce Young: "This will be the most difficult. ... An enormous challenge for our defense to contain him."

-- Kelly on the slow starts: "Most of our slow starts are not physical, but mental. We have to get guys locked in mentally early on. They seem to play better as they get into the game. "

-- Kelly on the #LSU fans rushing the field after Ole Miss: "I was really surprised. I didn't expect it."

Birthdays & BAMA

I’m not sure when the schedule changed to play Bama in the first week of November but that decision has changed my birthday aspects forever. The trails of being born on the 5th of November and a Scorpio!
Developing unrealistic birthday expectations of “WINS” only to have it shoved down you throat with a smile and called a corndog!
I really like this team, BK has done an awesome job with buy in and establishing expectations. And is delivering results…
I think we’ve got a chance with this team. While some may not appreciate JD, da dude’s got skills we’ve never witnessed before in purple & gold. And another year…
If he gets beat out it’s because the other dude is better and I’m down with that.

LSU fined $250K for fans on the field

The Southeastern Conference announced today that Louisiana State University will be fined for a violation of the league’s access to competition area policy due to fans entering the field following its football game against the University of Mississippi on October 22.

LSU will incur a fine of $250,000 for a third offense under the league’s access to competition area policy. LSU was last fined for a violation following its football game against Georgia in 2018.

Fines levied against schools for violation of the access to competition area policy are deposited into the SEC Post-Graduate Scholarship Fund.

The policy states that “access to competition areas shall be limited to participating student-athletes, coaches, officials, support personnel and properly-credentialed individuals at all times. For the safety of participants and spectators alike, at no time before, during or after a contest shall spectators be permitted to enter the competition area. It is the responsibility of each member institution to implement procedures to ensure compliance with this policy.”

Financial penalties are imposed for violations in all sports sponsored by the Conference. Institutional penalties range from $50,000 for a first offense to fines of up to $100,000 for a second offense and up to $250,000 for a third and subsequent offenses. The policy was originally adopted by a vote of Conference members in 2004 and financial penalties were increased by action taken by the membership during the 2015 SEC Spring Meetings.

Joe Sloan to check out Julian Sayin's Thursday game

This is mostly a recap of Sayin's visit to Alabama over the weekend but wanted to share a few things.

-- LSU QB coach Joe Sloan will travel to watch Sayin's game Thursday night
-- No date is set but it's likely sooner than later
-- This is down to LSU and Bama

LSU FOOTBALL SEC Championship

gents, I'm sure it's been noticed but just to highlight - if we beat the dirty bamers (and we have a chance) then we basically will win the west and play for the SEC Championship. all we would need to do is beat one of 4&8 or arkansuck and we would be 6-2 with the nod over both ole piss and bama.

all we gotta do is beat bama. I would much prefer a rematch than play georgia in the championship game with the new and improved JD leading the way. just like with 4-5 games left in 2018 with Burreaux, JD seems to have figured it out since half way through the gaytors game.

geaux tigers....
Reactions: jandk

LSU FOOTBALL OL discussion

There has been lots of talk about the various units and their improvement including the OL

what I’d like to hear is evaluations from observers regarding individual OL‘s performance / progress to date

How has Turner been holding up?
is Dellinger playing, if not when will he be back? what impact will he have?
how about the twin OT‘s and the portal OL ?

A couple of TV related questions........

I was assuming that LSU-Bama would be the game of the week for CBS at 2:30. But, as I'm sure most of you already know, Georgia-Tenn is that same weekend, so that takes care of the 2:30 slot, right? Would it be a pretty safe presumption that LSU-Bama will wind up on ESPN at 6:00/6:30??

Secondly, a couple of games ago someone posted a link to the Skylink (did I get the name right?) broadcast of the game afterward. The next week, I was calling the game up on ESPN and saw the Skylink option, but didn't want to use it for the live broadcast. Later on, I didn't see it.

I would definitely like to check it out, but could someone educate me on what the P's and Q's are of using it? Thanks!
Reactions: berkrads007

RECRUITING Reactions from recruits

Still waiting on some texts to come back but here's what I've got so far...

Isaac Smith, 2023 target

"I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT ALL!!"

Login to view embedded media
Dashawn Womack, 2023 commitment

"Death Valley is the real deal, I had a wonderful experience at Death Valley for the first!!!"

Maurice Williams, LSU 2024 commitment

"I’m very excited about everything that’s going on right now. I can’t wait till I’m flying around out there like Jay Ward one day with the rest of the 24 class."

Tayvion Galloway, LSU 2024 commitment

"It lived up to the hype! Everyone said it wouldn’t be this or that due to it being a day game but it was amazing."

"I think this 24 class will be huge. We have already got commitments from some big time players and think that trend will continue."

Jacorey Watson, 2025 receiver

"The atmosphere was crazy. Most definitely something I would like to play in, and I like the way offense was making plays down field and defense doing what they needed for them to come out with the win!"

Noreel White, 2024 receiver, who picked up an offer today

"Everything was what I thought it was going to be loud, exciting and we got the dub."

A few additional notes from other players I chatted with tonight: Kamarion Franklin and Jarcoby Hopson Jr. did not make it to the game today. Hopson tells me they may be making another game this season. I guess they're working on scheduling. ... Acadiana's Russell Babineaux did not make the game either but watched from home and said, "we put up a dog fight and came out on top." ... John Ehret 2024 tackle Khayree Lee Jr. picked up an offer today too. He's landed some other big offers this week too but the one from the Tigers carries some serious weight. I'll be catching up with him tomorrow hopefully. I may be quick to put in a FutureCast in on him.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT