ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Final projections before Week 1

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
We obviously didn't get to view the full practice like scheduled due to the weather. We didn't see any offensive stuff and had about 30-40 minutes watching defense.

I feel pretty good in my previous projections and it's pretty close but here's what I'm going with:

QB - Jayden Daniels
RB - Noah Cain
WRs - Kayshon Boutte, Jaray Jenkins, Malik Nabers
TE - Kole Taylor
OL - Will Campbell, Miles Frazier, Garrett Dellinger, Anthony Bradford, Cam Wire
DL - BJ Ojulari, Maason Smith, Jaquelin Roy, Ali Gayes
LBs - Greg Penn, Mike Jones Jr.
DBs - Colby Richardson, Jarrick Bernard-Converse, Greg Brooks Jr., Major Burns and Jay Ward

Jay Bramblett should be the punter and from what Kelly said yesterday is sounds as if Damian Ramos will be the placekicker, unless something changes in the next week.

There's several position groups that will absolutely rotate guys in with the 1s: I also expect Sevyn Banks, who was not seen at practice yesterday, and Mekhi Garner with the 1s, LB West Weeks, TE Mason Taylor with get in early, WRs Brian Thomas Jr. Kyren Lacy and Jack Bech and Armoni Goodwin, especially with John Emery out.

We're expecting LSU to announce its starting QB Sunday or Monday. We have access Saturday but nothing Sunday. Monday is Brian Kelly's press conference too so could come then.

And no matter which QB he names, I fully expect the other to get playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News