ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Not to be a Debbie Downer

I love the way Perkins plays, he’s intense, fast and has a great motor, but man he looks sometimes like they could throw a flag on him for late hits or unsportsmanlike. Please don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying to change anything but in rewatching a YouTube video that showed every play he was in, there were a few times they could have thrown a flag.
Take a peak.

Login to view embedded media

Oregon, UCLA, and Tulane Go Down at Home

A win is win, and LSU's win on the road was just that. The alternative.......

3 One loss teams went down last night. Oregon, UCLA, and Tulane all losing at home.

Other ranked teams losing at home include:

Illinois to Purdue
NC State to Boston College
Texas to TCU
Kentucky to Vanderbilt

Also note that Oklahoma lost again (its a bad year to be a Oklahoma fan), although on the road to WV, and Liberty lost to UCONN after beating Arky

In all, 7 ranked teams lost at home yesterday.

LSU FOOTBALL Postgame with Brian Kelly

-- Harold Perkins was sick before the game and threw up, Brian Kelly said. He's battled the flu. He got the game ball.
-- BK mentioned MJ's flu game from back in the day to Perkins, who said "Who's MJ?"
-- Kelly is here: "It's hard to win in the SEC. That was evident here today."
-- “The goal coming into this year was to be better in November, to play hard and teach this team how to win.”
-- BK said Josh Williams got banged up and had to leave game late but should be okay

LSU FOOTBALL Which scenario would be most satisfying?

I go back and forth. Obviously any scenario that ends with LSU in Atlanta is good but I also like a little knife twisting. The first and easiest would be LSU wins today and Ole Miss loses. This has the advantage of making the rest of the season less stressful in some ways but also a little less exciting. It also happily continues Ole Miss’s unbroken streak of futility in going to Atlanta. However, a scenario that somehow tickles me is the one where we both win out and Ole Miss gets to hang another pathetic SEC West Co-Champion banner. Geaux Tigers!

Two point conversion - key call

Notice that the team was lined up, and kelly called a late TO. Also, when they came back on the field, the lineup of the two wideouts on the play side was different. Pre TO, they were in tight, post TO, they were spread out from Mason.

Someone saw the wrong alignment, and knew the play wouldn’t work (those two were the rub routes to get mason open), so kelly called the TO.

i wonder who saw that. That person made the call of the night.

LSU FOOTBALL Jayden’s OT touchdown

Have watched that play over and over. JD is special. He faked the handoff on the RPO. The DE was not fooled, and I mean not at all, didn’t even flinch. So there JD was, totally uncovered. Most if not all other QB’s would have been mauled by the DE. Not JD, he just provided a little head fake then turned on the jets. DE, got about one finger on Jayden’s shoe. I mean left the DE in his wake. That dude, in my opinion is the difference between 5-4 and 7-2………at a minimum. Blessed he chose us. Just my perspective.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT