ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Want to see vs UAB …

UAB is a 14 point dog vs LSU . The most recent game in Tiger stadium that featured a 14 point spread was 2 weeks ago ..Alabama -14 vs LSU .We all know how that turned out

I do detect a more cautious optimism this week a among the Tiger faithful on this board particularly after Daniels and the offense‘s struggles vs Arky.
No more of this “ we‘re going to best UAB by 40 points

Aside from the obvious ..a win …what will you be looking for this week vs UAB ?
….improved pass protection schemes
….Daniels rediscovering his magic that eluded him last week
… will Harold Perkins have a repeat performance ? Surely UAB will be laser focused on
trying to slow him down
… paramount is avoiding serious injuries

SEC Vols embarrass Missouri

Tenn. Coach Josh Heipel elected to run the ball in for a TD from the 2 yd line with 36 seconds remaining while holding a 59-24 lead over hapless Missouri

The announcers were certain that they would surely take a knee instead of pouring it on even more

If they were simply trying to impress the playoff selection committee by adding 7 pts to the margin it’s a pretty lame reason

Its total low class and if I were on the selection committee I’d leave them out of my votes
Reactions: jtiedemann3

RECRUITING LSU commit to keep eyes on

Login to view embedded media
Joshua Mickens has been pledged to Jamar Cain and LSU since summertime but that has not stopped other programs from coming after him, including a major player in Ohio State.

The four-star was at the Buckeyes game over the weekend and picked up an offer. He has said he plans to return for the game against Michigan later this month for an official visit.

Given the proximity to his hometown of Indianapolis, this is certainly one commitment we’ll be monitoring as Early Signing Period is roughly a month away.

I think A&M wins a close game

I foresee A&M coming together in a show of support for their coach and finally playing up to their potential. With no bowl game, a win would give them something positive heading into the off-season.

I think the visitors' offensive struggles continue, and A&M just has too much talent to let another game slip away.

Neither team will build a big lead through 3 quarters, and this game will be closer than most expect. But I see the Aggies rising to the occasion and pulling away late. Massachusetts is just terrible. The Minutemen will fight hard but just can't pull it off like App State.

Then they play LSU...

LSU FOOTBALL An amazing comparison comes to mind!

Two LSU coordinators were gifted two extraordinary game changers. Not to take away from the excellence of their schemes and play calling;.. Those two both were/are extraordinary, with scheme, adjustments and controlling the game, with spot on calls.

OC Brady = Joe Burrow!

DC House = Harold Perkins!

These two guys take control of a game and say: this nis my time!

Coach Brady had a season to remember. He gave Joe the scheme and wisely let Jeaux geaux, with the freedom to change plays anytime he wanted.

Coach House has at least 2 more to capitalize with a super-duper-extraordinary talent. House is in a similar position. He will scheme Perkins in position; but, Harold superlative P, just IS freedom on the move!

Harold Perkins is not only 1st Team SEC as a Frosh. He HAS to be in consideration for Butkus and All American Accolades. Not just Freshman All American (that's a shoe in). Harold Perkins is the most dominate defensive player in the nation.

LSU FOOTBALL Harold Perkins named Walter Camp Player of the Week

LSU linebacker Harold Perkins has been named the Walter Camp Defensive Player of the Week for his performance in the seventh-ranked Tigers’ SEC Western Division clinching win over Arkansas on Saturday.

Perkins, a true freshman from Cypress, Texas, had one of the best all-around games for a defender in school history, tying an LSU record with four sacks in the win over the Razorbacks. Perkins, playing with the flu, finished the contest with a team-best eight tackles to go along with a pair of forced fumbles, a quarterback hurry and a pass breakup.

He became just the fourth player in the FBS in the past 15 years to have four sacks and two forced fumbles in the same game. His four sacks tie Chuck Wiley as the most in a game in school history. Wiley had four sacks in against South Carolina in 1995.
Perkins’ four sacks accounted for 33 yards in losses for Arkansas. His first sack came in the second quarter and resulted in a fumble which was recovered by teammate BJ Ojulari. LSU scored its first points of the game five plays later for a 3-0 lead.

He had sacks on back-to-back plays in the third quarter and his final sack resulted in a fumble which was recovered by Mekhi Wingo, basically ending the game. LSU ran out the clock to improve to 8-2 overall and clinch a spot in the SEC Championship Game with a 6-1 league record.

As a unit, LSU held Arkansas to season-lows for points (10), rushing yards (121) and total yards (237).

Perkins, who has already earned SEC Defensive Player and SEC Freshman of the Week honors this year, leads the Tigers and ranks No. 3 in the SEC in total sacks with 7.5.

Perkins becomes the first Tiger since Ty Davis-Price to earn Walter Camp National Player of the Week honors. He joins a list of 11 of LSU players who have won the award since the organization began naming players of the week in 2004.

The Walter Camp Foundation Player of the Week honors are selected by a panel of national media members.

LSU returns to action on Saturday when the No. 6/7 Tigers host UAB in the final home game of the season. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m. and the game will be televised on ESPN2.

LSU FOOTBALL Hello, Atlanta! Tigers clinch the SEC West

With an ugly win on the road today against Arkansas plus some help from Alabama beating Ole Miss, the Tigers will represent the SEC West in the SEC Championship in Atlanta on Dec. 3.

Login to view embedded media

LSU FOOTBALL Transfer QBs

Are we now in the era of transfer QBs in college football ?
Is this the new way to success

The list of Heisman favorites illustrates it well …Caleb Williams , Bo Nix, Hendon Hooker . Even Stetson Bennett transferred from a JC

The SEC is littered with starting QBs who have transferred

LSU a has enjoyed success with our two most recent transfer QBs ..Daniels and JB

QB is a difficult position to project/ develop . Are teams now thinking “ let’s just comb the nation for the best available QB and go out and win a championship

Jay Bramblett

Quick props for Jay Bramblett, a Kelly leadership council man from the spring, following Kelly from ND.
Top Sec West punter and #21 in country; picked up a first down Saturday on 4th and 14 but for a penalty.
But he made a huge play on the first fg make; down 3-0 the snap came ridiculously high, but for Jay,
we miss the kick and possibly lose the game. He is an unsung hero of the week! Thanks Jay, keep it up,
we know Kelly says you over kick the coverage but don't stop...we gonna need you win we shock the world
in 2 weeks!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT