ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING LSU recruiting weekend

LSU will host a group of recruits this weekend as junior days begin ramping up across the country. I'm told it's going to be on the smaller side, with mostly in-state prospects with maybe a handful from out-of-state. I'm going to post a running list of prospects attending that I know of and where a few others may be going.

Defensive tackle Jamel Howard will be in town this weekend for an official visit after Jamar Cain recently visited him in Chicago.

Keep in mind, there's a big Battle 7-on-7 tournament in Miami this weekend featuring some of the biggest teams in the country, including the Louisiana Bootleggers, so numerous prospects will be dropping by for a visit with the Hurricanes while in South Beach. For example, LSU commits Zion Ferguson and JoJo Stone will visit Miami.

I spoke to Many DC Tylen Singleton this morning and he confirmed he'll be at Texas A&M this weekend and so will LSU commit Xavier Atkins, who recently moved to a high school in Texas. The Lafayette Christian trio of Ju'Juan Johnson, Melvin Hills III and Sandy Lewis will be at Texas.

Recruits at LSU this weekend (I'll be updating this list as I can confirm more)

Login to view embedded media

Greatest golfer ever

Thought I’d share a wonderful golf story for any golfers out there

I have a very very good friend who is a long retired Navy career man . He lives in E Feliciana Parish . Upon retirement from the Navy he attended UT El Paso as the first and only African American on their golf team . He knew Lee Trevinio who would join the boys for golf from time to time

He and I played this week and I asked him when was the last time he’d shot his age ?
He paused the replied “ I can’t remember the last time that I didn’t shoot my age”.

He celebrated his 92nd birthday recently and hits drives 225 yards

RECRUITING Kelly and this staff....

Man, these guys are playing a mean game of chess. Our secondary going into 2023 was looking pretty bleak. Not so fast my friends. LSU just convinces a CB with multiple P5 commitable offers to come to LSU as a PWO. Not only is this staff addressing immediate needs, they are building a foundation for the future. Here is what our secondary will look like for 2023 (as of today):

RETURNING
Banks
Ryan
Burns
Brooks
Allen
Welch
Langois

INCOMING FRESHMAN
Robinson
Toviano
Jackson