ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Jaden Daniels future

I know that Daniels has had only 2 great games and perhaps I’m jumping the gun a bit

But what if he lights it up the remaining games that may include a win over Alabama

he’s eligible for the up coming draft ..

We know that he has the desired height , enough arm strength and of course the mobility that the NFL has come to love

Is there any chance that he gives up his last year to head for the League
after all he’s been in college 4 years and may feel that it’s time to move on

RECRUITING Julie (and anyone else who might know)...

DJ Chester gives LSU it's 5th commitment from the state of Georgia in this class. Is there someone in particular on the staff that we can thank for that, someone with serious Georgia inroads, or is it just one of those things that works out sometimes?

Also, I feel like Darron Reed could be a real sleeper in this class, but he keeps popping up at Auburn - any cause for concern there?

RECRUITING Thursday night note on major five-star target

I talked about Desmond Ricks this morning in my recruiting notebook and I put in a FutureCast yesterday for LSU to land the five-star corner, but a source confirmed Thursday night to me that Ricks is indeed announcing his college decision AND signing with a college on Dec. 23, which is the last day of ESP. When he first reclassified, the thought was he would take his time and wait to sign in February. So this is big news.

The Tigers will get his final OV on the Dec. 17th weekend. I'm really liking my FC even more after confirming that info.

LSU FOOTBALL Transfer watch from Texas wTf...

So there are three big name prospects with strong LSU/Louisiana ties who are ripe for the transfer portal back home - Denver Harris (5* CB), Jacoby Mathews (5* S) and Laveon Moss (4* RB).

Harris grew up a Tiger fan, his father even played basketball for LSU. He planned on signing with LSU, even told the A&M coaches that he was signing with LSU but at the end of the day simply couldn't turn down the money they were throwing at him. Jacoby Mathews was reportedly crying when he told the LSU staff that he 'had to go to Texas A&M'. Laveon Moss grew up practically in the shadow of Tiger Stadium.

These are the three most likely to transfer back to LSU imo - it has to have crossed their mind more than once at this point, you have to think they've been reached out to 'through unofficial channels', just to gauge their interest... and LSU's NIL game is much stronger than it was during the last recruiting cycle. I guess the main questions are, 1) do they actually decide to leave and 2) is CBK going to want them at this point. I feel like the answers to both of those questions are more likely 'yes' than 'no' for all three of these young men. It'll be interesting to see how this develops, but if anyone hears anything, please post it here.

Things are going to get worse in College station before they get better - if they get better at all. With LSU, Ole Miss and Florida left on their schedule, they're very likely to have at least two more losses. It helps that four of the next 5 are at home, but if they lose to the Rebels tomorrow, it could all fall apart in a hurry.

LSU FOOTBALL Updates from Brian Kelly Thursday night + VIDEO

-- Garrett Dellinger is out for Alabama game. Kelly said he just made the decision and doesn't want to risks further injury

-- They've practiced some wet ball drills for three days and a few periods and Kelly feels comfortable with whatever the weather will be Saturday night

-- Kelly says they'll have to chip with the TEs and backs to give the OL some extra help and Alabama has two great edge rushers.

-- "That stadium should be electric but it's only going to be electric if we play well."

-- The players are excited to play Alabama -- the program that has been measured as the best in the country.

Login to view embedded media

RECRUITING Julian Sayin announcing this week + my thoughts

The five-star QB will announce his decision on ESPN this Wednesday at 1:45 PT.

It’s down to LSU, Alabama and Georgia but really Tigers and Tide. Last I spoke to a source on the recruitment it sounded like it was still a battle and the Tide have certainly made it a lot more interesting coming off that visit. I’m not as confident about LSU as I was a few days ago and I’m glad I didn’t put in that early FC on him to LSU.

Need help/information on handicap accessibility at the PMAC

Been many years since I have been inside the PMAC. Want to take my wife and daughter to a LSU Girls basketball game. My wife can walk a short distance and manage a few steps but is mostly in a wheelchair.I called Guest Services and got their voicemail to leave a message and they would call back. Been a few days and haven't heard anything.from them. Was hoping someone on the board could let me know about handicap access at the PMAc or a good contact to ask.
Thanks

Shoutout to the LSU recruiting & personnel staffs

I posted this on Twitter and wanted to drop here too. What the staff is doing right now on the recruiting trail is next level. They don't sleep. They're literally talking or reaching out to every big name they're interested in and showing interest back. They're talking to moms and dads. They're talking to coaches and trainers. It truly feels like they're building something special with the direction the recruiting seems to be heading.

To compile this type of elite list, i'm excited to see how it all plays out over the next few years.

Brian Kelly on SEC Teleconfernce

-- "Our guys are prepared for the very best. We're going against a Heisman Trophy winner and a consistent, elite football team. It's an exciting opportunity for our team and we welcome the challenge."

-- Garrett Dellinger is day to day. "I don't think he would start, but if we could get 20-25 quality snaps out of him it would really help us at the guard position."

-- Both John Emery and Jack Bech has practiced and will play vs. Bama.

-- On Bama QB Bryce Young: "He wants to throw the football. He could take off so many times but he wants to find receivers downfield. He's a true QB. He's the best player in college football."

RECRUITING Elite QB Colin Hurley on bond with LSU coaches, excited to return for Bama

Every time I interview Colin Hurley, I walk away more impressed than the last. He seems like a professional with his interviews. He's returning to LSU this weekend for the game against Bama. QB coach Joe Sloan traveled to Florida last week to watch Hurley's game, although, he had a slight wrist injury that needed some time to heal and did not play in the game, but Sloan still traveled to see him.

With as many times as he's visited and the way he speaks about the staff, I have gone ahead and put in an early FutureCast on Hurley landing with LSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT