ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Good for TCU...

I wanted to get behind the under-dog narrative, but they just made it too hard. Sonny Dykes snide little comment about the SEC taking a week off late in the season rubbed me the wrong way and once I started seeing all the TCU billboards around town tonight, that was the final straw. They're using their title game to recruit Baton Rouge? Screw 'em. They never should have been there and they showed it tonight. Georgia beat them worse than every single SEC team they played this year... and despite the announcers trying to put lipstick on a pig, this is not some exceptional title team. Not knocking UGA in the slightest, they're a beast, sure, but I don't think that this year's team beats last year's UGA team, 2020's Bama team or LSU's 2019 team.

RECRUITING Players of potential interest for LSU in transfer portal

Keep in mind, with the portal things could change any day depending on any new names that pop up. LSU continues to due their homework on numerous players but they will be selective on who else they want to bring in.

JK Johnson

Ohio State transfer cornerback JK Johnson visited LSU this weekend and posted some pictures and video of his visit.

Robert Steeples was his high school coach at De Smet and Mekhi Wingo was his teammate.

I like LSU in this scenario to land the transfer. Other names to immediately keep eyes on Justin Rogers, Jake Renfro and Duce Chestnut — I mentioned all these guys in my piece yesterday.

Login to view embedded media

RECRUITING Confirmed: Former 5-star on campus now

I’ve confirmed with Justin Rogers, a former five-star defensive tackle, he is visiting LSU today.

Rogers entered the portal earlier this week.

The junior will have two years of eligibility remaining at his next school.

Rogers made 12 starts over 13 games this season, recording 35 tackles, including 1.5 for a loss with 0.5 sacks. The 6-foot-3, 332-pound junior has 16 starts over three seasons with the Kentucky Wildcats.

Rogers came to Kentucky as the No. 2 defensive tackle and the No. 16 overall player in the 2020 class. The Detroit native chose the Wildcats over Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and others.

Login to view embedded media
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT