ADVERTISEMENT

So what happens if...

LSU moves to #6 or #7. Tennessee falls to number 5 in CFP rankings but wins out the rest of their schedule, Michigan or OU lose since they play each other, If TCU loses to Texas. LSU wins out and is SEC champ. I would dare say GA does not fall below #4, but could we conceivably have 3 SEC teams in the playoffs? Is there a rule against something like that?

RECRUITING Recruiting notes after the big weekend

Have y'all recovered yet? Between the late night Saturday, time changing and a baby -- this momma needed to recover lol.

LSU had a monster weekend -- on and off the field. Let's dive into it.

In the last few days, the Tigers have landed commitments from 2023 OL DJ Chester, 2024 QB Colin Hurley, 2024 OL Khayree Lee Jr. and then last night flipped 2023 DE Dylan Carpenter but they likely aren't close to being done.

Hurley turned into a recruiter for LSU. From what I've heard, he's been working everyone from 2023 CB Desmond Ricks to 2024 TE Trey'Dez Green and five-star 2024 WR Ryan Wingo, who walked away impressed with the visit, game and direction the Tigers are heading. The possibility of landing Wingo and Green in 2024 would be huge for the Tigers and Hurley will be doing his part along the way.

I have FutureCasts in on Ricks and Green, by the way, and this weekend went off perfectly from a recruiting standpoint. I see both those guys as future Tigers. I also like my Javien Toviano FC to LSU even moreso after this weekend. I will caution that Ricks still plans to OV at Alabama and Florida before returning to LSU in December but still, everything points to LSU as the leaders and likely landing spot. As far as Green, I've felt that LSU was the team to beat from the moment they offered then once the Tigers got Rickie Collins, that only helped things with Green as the two are 7-on-7 teammates and close friends.

Another name in 2024 to monitor is Charleston Collins, who returned for the Alabama game. It was his third overall visit to LSU. The staff has been on him hard and love what he could bring on the defensive line and all indications is that Collins feels the same and could be ready sooner rather than later to make a commitment. Myself and Jimmy have put in FC on him this morning.

One 2023 recruit to monitor for the next few weeks will be Johnathan "Bo" Hughley, who is committed to Georgia, but bypassed the UGA-Tennessee game to make a surprise visit to LSU. He spent time with 2024 commitment JoJo Stone, who is his new teammate at Langston Hughes. I'm not saying LSU will definitely flip him, but it sure speaks volumes that Hughley attended the LSU game and not the Georgia one. If the Tigers could land him, it would make for the best OL class in 2023 in my opinion with Brad Davis already having Zalance Heard, Tyree Adams, Chester and Paul Mubenga.

Additionally, Ole Miss commit Ayden Williams loved the visit, I'm told, and LSU has not stopped or slacked off on recruiting him just because of his pledge to the Rebels. Williams is one of the biggest senior risers in the rankings and he's an absolute baller (I've seen him on the 7-on-7 circuit). I'm just not 100 percent that LSU will be able to pull him out of Mississippi and away from Lane Kiffin. It is a recruitment I'll be monitoring closely and speaking to more sources on as we move along. I still have a FC in on Isaac Smith, also from Mississippi, going in LSU's favor.

As far as the 2025 class, which is clearly a long ways off, that win Saturday only helped things with the in-state guys even further. Players like Harlem Berry, Russell Babineaux and Keylan Moses, who I think has been leaning LSU for quite some time now despite his brother going to Alabama. And keep an eye on Texas WR Andrew Marsh, who has visited multiple times now. He's one that walked away uber impressed Saturday.

LSU has 25 commitments in the Class of 2023. There's no cap this year but I'm expecting them to take about 30 high schoolers, maybe one or two more. I think they'll hit the portal for a few key pieces like corner and defensive tackle.

Numbers could get tight here in a hurry for LSU IF they land some of the big fish they're still after. Here's the names I'm still watching:
Javien Toviano
Desmond Ricks
Isaac Smith
Nyckoles Harbor
Ayden Williams
Tausili Akana
Omarion Miller
Harvey Broussard
A'mauri Washington

LSU is also still interested/communicating with/ or reaching out to a handful of Texas A&M commitments like Jayvon Thomas, Bravion Rogers, Chase Bosontis and TJ Shanahan.

I'm sure I'll have more updates throughout today and in the coming days because that atmosphere and game did wonders for LSU in the recruiting department and it doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon.

4-8 SEC Champion Tks Club Section 110C ( 50year line)

My family has 8 SEC Championship Seats Club Section 110C ( 50 Yard Line). Currently liseted on Stub Hub at $ 2320/tk and that is the lowest price available for these type premium Tks. Club Tickets are on the West Team Side . Back two rows so no one can sit behind you and spread Covid. Rows are 4 seats in each row. 1st 4 seats in each row. Asking 1750 if you are a Tiger Fan. Can sell one row of 4 at a time or two rows = party of eight together. Please text Tiger RT @ 404-697-2507

COMMITMENT Colin Hurley and mentor Dr. Gormely

"Dr. Tom Gormely shines a light on Colin Hurley's talents"​

Folks, never, never, never thought I'd say this: but, we may have a commitment, that will eclipse Joe Burrow. That is an amazing take on a 15 year old "kid". But, just read the interview with his "sports performance" mentor.

This is an amazing interview! Do a search on the above title, to read complete article...

"I have come to know Colin Hurley over the past 4+ years as the one who handles his sports performance, skill acquisition, skill development, re/pre-hab, and throwing progression/development. Colin has consistently trained with me 3-5x weekly over the past 4 years without ever missing extended training time, and for that matter missing even a training session. Along with his training demands he has also demonstrated a consistently high work ethic in school, attention to detail with his nutritional programming, and focus on his recovery modalities. For all intents and purposes, Colin has treated himself like a professional athlete from the time he was essentially 11 or 12 years old. This is with great guidance from his family and support from both his mother and father; and with that support it has allowed myself a great deal of freedom and autonomy to challenge Colin at the highest level. Unlike other youth and high school athletes, Colin has had the ability to grow and develop around our professional cohort. We train dozens of NFL QBs, Professional Baseball Players, and NCAA QBs and NCAA Baseball Players yearly. Colin has grown up around professional athletes and the competitive environment in which he has been able to develop has served him well in not only the physical development of his body and throwing but also his ability to converse, lead, and interact with other alphas. I think it’s obvious through watching film and seeing Colin’s abilities as a quarterback that he has unique physical traits and capabilities. The real question is how did Colin develop himself into a physically mature and powerful athlete with such an advanced understanding of movement efficiency, arm speed, and throwing sequencing at a young age. I believe the answer to what makes Colin a special quarterback is multifactorial. If I was asked to pinpoint the main factors that make Colin a high-level thrower and dynamic quarterback I must first talk about his physical characteristics and traits but only in the context of his consistency and competitiveness."

Main Synopsis​

"Yes, Colin has been incredibly fortunate to have the ability to have his development structured alongside a professional model while also being pushed by athletes at the pinnacle of their sport. However, do not mistake this for luck, Colin has earned the ability to train and develop in this environment. His eagerness to learn new skills, develop those skills, master those skills, and then outperform others with those skills is paramount to his success on the field. Colin is detailed, diligent, consistent, and focused on improving himself mentally and physically in a way I’ve rarely seen in any athlete, especially not a high school kid. What makes Colin special is as much about who he is intrinsically, the value he places on himself, his ability to be resilient to stressors, his focus on making himself the best version of himself, his trust into me for a development system, his work ethic, his consistency, and his relentless pursuit of competitive greatness. Colin wants to be great at EVERYTHING: school, interviews, video games, basketball, fantasy football, back squats, sprints, and of course throwing a football. He wants to BEAT you at EVERYTHING. At the heart of Colin’s development, advanced skill set, strength, power, speed, ball velocity, and spin rate is a kid who has a unique personality trait of relentless focus on finding things he enjoys and then attacking improvement with a laser focus, until he beats you."

"Colin has a big arm, highly efficient hip shoulder sequencing, a fluid arm path and timing, impressive velocity, and natural power/athleticism. You can turn on any of his film or catch him live on Friday nights and see his talents on display; he has the ability to make every throw, he has an understanding of how to base throws with his hips and not just his feet, he has dynamic arm angles, and the feel for touch and throttle of different balls. Colin wants to beat you with his brain, understanding, and special arm talents; but don’t be mistaken to think he isn’t a good athlete. Colin can run, change directions, and take hits; but he often looks to be a pro-threat QB, using his ability to dynamically make plays with his feet while being able to expand time to make off-platform strikes down field. Physically and biomechanically Colin doesn’t leave much to be desired. He stacks right up there with our NCAA and NFL QBs in basically every metric including expansive 3D motion capture tracking technology on sequencing. Additionally, Colin has consistently performed in the biggest games, with the highest of expectations, dating all the way back to when he was 13 years old. He commands the respect of his teammates, holds them accountable, and leads by example on the diligence and consistency needed to perform at a high level. Athletes gravitate towards him, they WANT to play with him. Not to mention he carries a 4.0 GPA and is as impressive intellectually as he is physically on Friday nights. I guess that’s what leaders do and what recruiting staffs, GMs, and scouts are looking for as the ‘it’ factor. Somehow, with all of Colin’s training, practice, travel, media time, expectations, and demands; he is able to keep the game a game and have fun with it. His father and I marvel at his ability to stay calm, ALL THE TIME, he’s always the level headed one. Obviously, I am incredibly close to Colin and have forged a great relationship with him throughout the years; watching him grow and develop, while pushing him to excel at all aspects of physical development and QB skill acquisition. Yet, even after 4 or 5 years I am often left in awe of the way he handles football, school, and the pressures that come with being an elite QB prospect with such ease, class, and calmness. If you’re around Colin enough you genuinely have to sometimes stop and remind yourself that this guy is only 15 years old, he is that impressive of a PERSON not just football player."

"Colin will bring Baton Rouge and LSU a no nonsense, low-maintenance, and hard-working quarterback that has validated performance and throwing metrics which stack up with any NCAA quarterback in the nation and rival many NFL QBs. Colin is a leader, a self-starter, and an incredibly consistent worker. He is a simple kid with a tight knit group of support staff and friends; but does not shy away from the pressure of the extroverted requirements of the media and leadership positions. Colin is as good of a person as he is a football player and that is what makes him special. I am excited to continue to push his development and to watch him continue to be challenged both intellectually and cognitively, because Colin is a bright kid and has all the capacity needed to process complex and detailed information. I do think that the next phase of football growth will happen with the staff at LSU."

Kudos last night to

M Wingo - he was in Young’s face all night

J Williams hustling to block downfield on Daniel’s TD run in OT

Our WR’s blocking all night

Campbell and Jones, 2 freshman O tackles who held their own against a great Bama front

J Daniel’s for making great decisions and playing a near flawless game. He outplayed the defending Heisman winner.

LBs and DBs for solid tackling all night.

Our special teams for being solid. Especially Bramlett who pinned Bama deep in their own territory several times.

To M Taylor for clutch catches in the red zone.

To H Perkins for being B Young’s shadow.

To our coaches who had a great game plan last night.

Finally to Mr. Big Balls himself for believing in his team and going for the 2 points and the win.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT