ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL LSU win over Bama still the lead story on ESPN

It’s been 17 hours since the game ended, it’s an NFL Sunday, and the LSU win over Bama remains the lead story on ESPN.com. After the video showing the game highlights, there’s a follow up video interview of Paul Finebaum stating “what we’re seeing is the Saban era unraveling….and the Brian Kelly era emerging.” Heady stuff.

LSU FOOTBALL Tigers -4.5 vs Arkansas

The Vegas sharps know that this game will not be a walk in the park for LSU

At -4.5 LSU has aprox. a 70% chance of winning

Betters will see this as a classic trap game

Tigers coming off of an emotional win hitting the road vs a team expected to be much better but have disappointed with nothing to lose

it’s up to the team leaders to assure that this doesn’t come to pass ..
not the coaches

LSU FOOTBALL A few random thoughts:

i)This LSU O-line will be the worst of the Kelly era; enjoy it, moving forward the O-lines will only get better.
ii) All you knuckleheads that have been clamoring for the TE to be involved your dreams have come through; the position will only get stronger.
iii)I'm not up on all the SEC players. However, is there a better TE than Mason Taylor presently in the SEC?
iv) If the current trajectory persist in the SEC Kelly may just retire Saban.
v) IF Daniels persist on his current trajectory he should be at least in the conversation for the Heisman. The kid has been fu*king awesome!
vi) Like I've posted many times when LSU has an equal or better talent at QB LSU has pretty much beaten Saban's Alabama teams. The difference between LSU and Alabama has been at the Qb position more often than not.

Morning meanderings....

Just thinking out loud here, I notice that Justin Fields, notoriously raw out of college, just lit it up yesterday, especially with his feet. This follows JD's exhibition on Saturday night, and it occurs to me that, the NFL being all over the latest trends, may use those two examples to recalibrate the draft worthiness of JD. Or simply ... in 24 hours JD just shot up the draft boards. Previously I thought he was coming back, but now I doubt it.

LSU FOOTBALL My take on LSU's win over Alabama

No 3 & 3 tonight because I want to give credit when credit is due -- this is a different team who has the fight and talent to go toe to toe with any other in the country. I would have loved to see THIS version of LSU face Tennessee.

A few thoughts...

-- Harold Perkins is a difference maker. When he went out with cramps, Alabama moved the ball and scored. Perkins is a first-rounder already.

-- But Perkins isn't the only freshman showing out. Big shoutout to Will Campbell and Emery Jones. They weren't perfect but have done incredibly well for their age and lack of experience. Kelly said, "They have a mental toughness that's unusual for their age and lack of experience."

-- And how about Mason Taylor with the game winner? He was extremely emotional after the game and spent quite a bit of time with his family, looked to be crying and hugging his mom.

-- Then there's Mike Denbrock and Matt House and they adjustments that they've made and continue to make. Kelly & this group of coaches, and their recruiting staff too, is a special bunch all together. It feels like we're in the beginning stages of a fun run ahead in Baton Rouge for years to come.

-- Jayden HIM Daniels. He's got everyone's attention now and he and the Tigers won't be sneaking up on anyone the rest of the way. I bet he also has the attention of NFL scouts too.

-- Last thing I wanted to mention to wrap up the night: in Brian Kelly's first year at LSU, he beats Saban and Bama in the fashion that they did, it's setting LSU up for years to come from recruiting to trust being built to just everything. To see the transformation of this team happen before our eyes is incredible and I could see Kelly getting some nods for Coach of the Year. But before we get to end of the year trophies, LSU has a few games left and the Tigers control their own destiny. The road to the SEC Championship looks like this: at Arkansas (5-4) ... UAB (4-5) ... at Texas A&M (3-6).

SEC In all of the excitement last night

I overlooked the Aggies loosing their 5th straight. Not to beat a dead horse when he’s down (I will anyway) but they will not make a bowl game this year. BK better keep a spot open for Matthews and at least one more transfer, maybe on the DL.

https://www.statesman.com/story/spo...ida-sec-college-football-culture/69614250007/

“Instead of talking about which New Year’s Six Bowl game the Aggies will be traveling to this winter, the folks in College Station have gone from hoping for the Las Vegas Bowl to now facing the prospect of having to run the table against Auburn, UMass and LSU just to make it to a bowl. With five straight losses on the ledger, it’s gone from money bowl to regular bowl to toilet bowl.”

RECRUITING Early reactions from recruits

Dylan Carpenter, 2023 DE (ULL commitment)

"It was electric. Loved every second of it."

George MacIntyre, 2025 QB

"It was a wild experience! It’s cool to see that LSU is back and the coaching staff and fan base has been incredibly welcoming. Geaux Tigers!"

Ethan Calloway, 2024 OT

"Never seen anything quite like that. From the second we pulled into the parking lot you could tell today was going to be different. And to win like that is crazy."

Aeron Burrell, 2024 K

"It was amazing. I really enjoyed myself. Can't wait for these next couple of years to roll around."

Xavier Filsaime, 2024 ATH

"That was the best game I've been to. It was wild."

Ryan Yaites, 2023 LSU commitment

"By far one of the best experiences in my life to be honest. Beating Bama was crazy. Every game I been to this year we have won. Went to MSU, Ole Miss but this one was special. Y'all tell Brian Kelly doubters don't change up now, keep that same energy."

Davhon Keys, 2024 ATH

"The atmosphere was crazy, and it was an exciting game to watch!"

Boo Carter, 2024 ATH

"The atmosphere was definitely crazy, the fanbase and coaches showed a lot of love. But the game was very interesting because it was a close throughout the whole game, so that's what made it fun! Them coming out with the outcome can put them in the playoffs for the SEC championship."

Keylan Moses, 2025 LB/ATH

"Mannn it was definitely game of the year. The whole game was definitely worth it. Afterwards, many fans wanted pictures screaming where I should want to be now and I don’t blame them, it was a really great game and I enjoyed every second of it. If I could go back and do it all over again just to repeat the day, I definitely would!"

Ju'Juan Johnson, 2024 CB

"Environment was electric! The game was one of the best games I’ve went to this year."

Anquon Fegans, 2025 CB

"My thoughts on the environment was amazing and what I think about the game last night was crazy and the atmosphere was out the roof!"

Xavier Atkins, 2024 LSU commitment

"It was amazing Julie! Forreal! And then after the game when the fans stormed the field and then I went to the locker room. It was an unreal feeling being there! Overall it was great. Never had an experience like that before!"

Jahkeem Stewart, 2026 DL

"I thought the game was great. It was like one big cookout walking to the game. I was shocked because they were fans that knew my name and said they want me at LSU. Before the game I spoke with coach Frank and coach Kelly they both said they want me at LSU."

Debron Gatling, 2024 WR

"It was crazy. Atmosphere was crazy and loud, had an amazing time."

Trey'Dez Green, 2024 TE

"Outrageous outcome and environment, it was one of the craziest environments since the SU game."

Khai Prean, 2023 LSU commitment

"Death Valley is always loud but to be able hear a different level of loud because they’re playing Bama is crazy. I loved every part of it. I can't wait to be apart of what coach Kelly is building. As far as the gamem the defense was outstanding and Jayden Daniels is really him!"

Malachi Toliver, 2024 OT

"It was a crazy atmosphere and even better game! Probably the best game I’ve ever been to in my life! Really good game, glad I got to experience it!"

Jaxon Howard, 2023 LSU commitment

"The environment is something that someone, at least once, in their lifetime has to experience. I mean it was jaw-dropping."

The SEC announces its second $250,000 fine of LSU storming the field

The Southeastern Conference announced today that Louisiana State University will be fined for a violation of the league's access to competition area policy due to fans entering the field following its football game against the University of Alabama on November 5.

LSU will incur a fine of $250,000 for its fourth offense under the league's access to competition area policy. After three violations of the policy, the fine remains at $250,000 for all subsequent violations. LSU was last fined for a violation following its football game against Ole Miss earlier this season.

Fines levied against schools for violation of the access to competition area policy are deposited into the SEC Post-Graduate Scholarship Fund.

The policy states that "access to competition areas shall be limited to participating student-athletes, coaches, officials, support personnel and properly-credentialed individuals at all times. For the safety of participants and spectators alike, at no time before, during or after a contest shall spectators be permitted to enter the competition area. It is the responsibility of each member institution to implement procedures to ensure compliance with this policy."

Financial penalties are imposed for violations in all sports sponsored by the Conference. Institutional penalties range from $50,000 for a first offense to fines of up to $100,000 for a second offense and up to $250,000 for a third and subsequent offenses. The policy was originally adopted by a vote of Conference members in 2004 and financial penalties were increased by action taken by the membership during the 2015 SEC Spring Meetings.

The SEC announced last week that a Conference working group on event security will review and update policies intended to address post-game spectator incursion on competition fields and courts in the SEC with any new regulations to be implemented for the 2023-24 athletic year.
  • Haha
Reactions: thoap and TDLSU
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT